We've won every case we've worked on (150+). If you lose your case, Edison will pay your legal fees. We order all the fakes to our warehouse where we check their authenticity to make sure we are only suing the bad guys.
It depends on a number of factors like how many infringers we can find, how many sales they stole from you, and how much money is in their accounts, but our typical case collects hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Before our attorney begins work, we send them $10,000.
Example 1: The Collection is $200,000, and Expenses are $2,000.
- Litigation Counsel earns $40,000 = 20% x $200,000.
- Expenses are deducted from the remaining collection, $160,000 - $2,000 = $158,000.
- Edison and Plaintiff each earn $79,000 = $158,000 x 50%.
- Edison also receives it’s $10,000 sent back from Litigation Counsel.
Example 2: The Collection is $5,000, and Expenses are $2,000.
- Litigation Counsel earns $10,000 because 20% of $5,000 is less than $10,000.
- The $5,000 Collection and $5,000 of the $10,000 Edison sent goes to Litigation Counsel.
- Edison gets $5,000 back from the $10,000 sent and Edison pays $2,000 of Expenses.
- Edison has a net loss of $7,000.
- Plaintiff pays zero out of pocket.
It's possible, but so far we have not seen it happen and that is after suing 10s of 1000s of mostly Chinese companies and individuals. Freezing assets and winning a judgment sends a strong message that your brand will not tolerate bad actors.